As the leader in advising, guiding and recognising entrepreneurs, EY knows that access to successful role models and business-building networks is critical for entrepreneurs to accelerate growth.
Spanning 50 countries and over 400 participants, the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme identifies high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale and provides them with ongoing support to help accelerate their growth.
The EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme is an executive leadership programme that identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale — and then helps them do it.
We admire the work they are doing and it is continually inspirational for us to learn about the impact of their businesses as it re-affirms our belief in the power and spirit of entrepreneurship.
The Entrepreneur of the Year® competition, sponsored by Sanlam and BUSINESS/PARTNERS, is an annual competition that recognises and honours South African entrepreneurs in the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) sector. The competition celebrates excellence in entrepreneurship with the aim to inspire others to venture into and succeed in the world of business.
The Entrepreneur of the Year® initiative is not just about the competition. It is about:
- Developing the standard of excellence in entrepreneurship throughout South Africa;
- Promoting entrepreneurial excellence as the norm and not the exception;
- Promoting entrepreneurship as an honourable and rewarding yet challenging career;
- Educating entrepreneurs so that they reach a standard of excellence;
- Educating the youth about what entrepreneurship entails with the aim of encouraging them to select entrepreneurship as a viable career option;
- Influencing government legislation by being the voice of entrepreneurs in order to create a healthy regulatory environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.